“No Makeup” Makeup:
Tips for Everyday Looks
We totally get it. Some days, minimal effort, maximum results is the mantra for your no makeup, makeup look. A look that really says to those around you that you woke up like this. Are you stuck trying to decide which products make the cut for your daily makeup look (BTW, this adds an extra 10 minutes to your routine)? We’ve done the hard work for you & nailed down our no makeup, makeup look routine. The best part? We’re sharing the secret with you. In 6 easy steps, find out what holy grail products our Pro Artist’s recommend, along with their top tips for their everyday makeup. Follow our quick and easy how to below, allowing that extra 15 minutes in bed that you kept snoozing your alarm for!
STEP 1: PRIMER
STEP 2: FOUNDATION
STEP 3: BRONZER & BLUSH
To finish the face, you can create a natural everyday sculpted look with our Cali Contour Palette that features 6 pigment-packed shades. Perfect for a daily makeup routine, Cali Contour is versatile and easy-to-use to create the ultimate natural everyday makeup look. Begin by applying the matte bronze shade to your cheekbone and blend across up to the temples. And repeat, make sure to blend!
Next, add blush to your cheeks for healthy, youthful flush of colour. Then complete by adding shade ‘Shimmer’ or ‘Shimmer Bronze’ to the top of your cheekbones. A top tip, try the shades as an eye shadow too! Our Cali Contour Palette is an all in one does-it-all palette, but if you prefer a creamier texture, you can get an extra subtle glow with our L.A. Lights Blendable Lip & Cheek Color. A lightweight, creamy, illuminating formula that feels and looks as your own skin, only more glowy. Begin by applying the shade Beverly Hills Blush to the apple of your cheek, for a beautiful touch of natural colour and blend with the included buffing sponge. Then, take shade Hollywood & Highlight and place the product to the highpoints of the cheekbone to create a natural dew to the skin. You can build both products up from a subtle sheen to a full-on radiant finish. Easy come, easy glow.
STEP 4: BROWS
STEP 5: MASCARA
STEP 6: LIPS
Our Pro Tips for Creating a No Makeup Makeup Look
1. “When priming, to get the most out of the product, massage into the skin to get the blood vessels pumping. Start the massage from the inner to the outer part of the face, making the blood circulate better so your skin looks healthier.” – Rosie Williams, Pro Artist
2. “To nail your Foundation application, apply with Smashbox’s Blurring Foundation Brush for a more sheer coverage and buff into the skin. If you want more of a full coverage look, use Smashbox’s Full Coverage Foundation and press into the skin” – Mel Trierweiler, Pro Artist
3. “For a Sunkissed look, focus on the highest part of the face, and begin to apply bronzer starting from the cheekbones to your temples. Use Smashbox’s Buildable Cheek Brush for a soft application. Don’t forget to apply on your nose and forehead! ” Mel Trierweiler, Pro Artist
4. “For fluffy, natural brows use Photo Finish Lash Primer as Brow Gel! Brush upwards and press in with your fingers. An extra tip! Use it at night as the Soy bean extract, an ingredient in the product, conditions the hair.” – Rosie Williams, pro Artist
5. “For Mascara, Smashbox’s Super Fan Mascara brush is designed to give you a natural, elongated finish due to the brush design. If you like extra volume, you can build it up by coating the top of lashes first, then sweep up from underneath!” Mel Trierweiler, Pro Artist
6. “To keep your lips hydrated, with a healthy look throughout the day, use Mindful 5 Lip Balm. Our Mindful 5 Custom Glow Lip Balm feels even more soothing when it’s chilled. Pop it in the fridge for an icy-refreshing effect. If you prefer gloss, use Gloss Angeles Extra Shine Clear Gloss for a glossy finish, hydrating looking finish.” Rosie Williams, Pro Artist